WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Teenager Audio Reception Problem


Do You Think I’m Talking Just to Hear Myself?

I’m sure every parent has had this problem.  I have asked my children to do the exact task for the last three or four days.  It isn’t difficult.  It is something I am not physically capable of doing.  Last night I specifically asked to have it done after dinner.  Again. 

What I asked them to do was restock the refrigerator in our garage with drinks so we would have cold beverages.  This is not hard.  But I am having issues with postural hypotension from medications, so can’t deal with it right now.  

Evidently they each assumed the other one was going to do the stocking.  This morning, when I went out to get our morning drinks “to go”, there were none in the refrigerator. 

Do you want to know how mad I was?  This was not the way to start my day.  I got some wimpy excuses on the drive to school, but nothing to make me happy.  I discussed communication, since they had not discussed it.  They just both assumed that the other one was going to do it.  We will have to have a “sit down when I am not angry.   I discuss stuff better when I am calm. 

That’s something I have learned over the last (number deleted to preserve my dignity) years. 

No comments: