WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Around the Web

In Case of Emergency (ICE)

This was from someone else’s blog.  The blogger was a paramedic.  I think it’s a good idea.  Those of you who have cell phones should pay attention to this.  If you don’t have a cell phone, why not? 

The EMS people are trying to find a way to rapidly identify your emergency contacts.  They are asking us to enter a contact for emergency and call it “ICE” for In Case of Emergency.  If you are unable to tell them who needs to be called, they can use this number.  You surely don’t want them calling your dentist or gynecologist.  You want them to call your spouse or parent or child or best friend.  So label that person or persons in your phone. 

1.     If “ICE” (In Case of Emergency) was a national icon close family or a friend could be notified immediately.

2.     ICE is a great idea that can make a difference. Everyone reading this is on their computer, tablet or mobile phone. Go to your phone directory, get a number you want contacted in case of emergency and enter it as ICE. Then forward this to your email list.

3.     It you have more than one contact name file the names in the telephone directory as ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3.

I think this is a wonderful idea.  I’m going to do it after I post this. 





No comments: