WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

National Prematurity Awareness Day

Today is National Prematurity Awareness Day.  This was passed on to me by MOST.  MOST stands for Mothers Of SuperTwins, an organization that supports parents of triplets and more.  Our pregnancies are at high risk for early delivery with all the problems that ensue. 

We end up on bedrest a lot.  We have premature labor.  There is a high risk of miscarriage and pregnancy loss.  As a general rule, the more babies, the earlier the delivery.

My triplets were almost 35 weeks.  They didn’t have any breathing problems.  They did have some feeding problems.  They came home when they were nine days old. 

Now is a good time to thank my doctors and friends for helping me through all of that.  My Mom was awesome.  I learned a lot from her.  My husband put up with all my moods, my hot flashes and my insomnia. 

My boys are now 17.  They show no sign of being 4 ½ pounds at birth.  They are seniors in high school.  Wow.  Who would have thunk it?


No comments: