WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Phone Etiquette – 2 Answering Unknown Numbers on your Phone

My cell phone rang one day with a number I did not recognize.  Since I leave the number for patients to call, I answer unknown numbers.

“Who’s this?” the person on the other end of the line started the conversation.  The tone of voice was really rude.

“You called me.  Why don’t you tell me why you called this number?”  I wasn’t going to identify myself to this rude stranger.

“This number was on my phone and I wanted to know why you called me!”

I explained that I had been doing a band fundraiser earlier in the day at the local Wal-Mart.  A fellow came up and asked to borrow my phone.  His ride wasn’t there.  He made a couple of phone calls from my phone until he could locate his friend and get a ride home.

“Oh, OK.” Click.

Well, Excuuuuuuuuse me!


No comments: