WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Feel Good

Everyone has days when they are a little down. 

I recently made a list of some of the things that make me feel good.  I read it today, and felt better.

Here are some of those things:

 *Pictures of puppies and kitties with cute captions.
*A soft, warm comforter
*Hugs from my kids
*Sunny days after lots of rain
*A good book
*A good concert - either one I sang in or one the kids played in
*Laughing at movies
*Movies with cartoons first
*The way my kids' faces light up when I walk in the room.
*Warm, sleepy kid hugs
*The way a nice clean baby smells
*Baby giggles
*Bubble baths
*Candlelight
*Early morning silence with a cup of coffee
*Rainbows
*Watching the marching band and recognizing them. (Especially if you are related to some of them and they are getting better each week)
*Hot chocolate at football games on cold Friday nights 

That’s a partial list for me.  I recommend that you take five or ten minutes and make your own list.  If you are creative, find a way to make a photo or project that you can use to lift your spirits. 

I feel better already.  (Hurricane Irene is depressing me.) 


No comments: