WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Office Phone Calls #1

“I need to talk to the doctor”  


Poor Princess takes these phone calls all the time.  And I know that she’s not the only doctor’s receptionist that gets these.  Our phone will ring. 


Ms Wantsitall Patient : “I need to talk to Dr. Lasermed.” 


Princess: “She’s with a patient.  Can I help you?” {I’m back on my computer writing articles for this blog}


Ms Wantsitall Patient: “I need to make an appointment.”


I have been getting phone calls just like this for longer than some of my readers have been alive.  Can any of you tell me why you would ask to speak directly to the doctor if you need to make an appointment?  I am absolutely mystified.  Still.  After over a quarter of a century of practice. 


Princess doesn’t let me touch the appointment book.  She says I don’t know what I’m doing. 


She’s right.

No comments: