WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cool, dark place


This is just a reminder about storing medications. I know it says on the bottle to save in a "cool, dry place". Please remember, that does NOT mean the medicine cabinet in your bathroom. Does the mirror fog up when you take a bath or shower? Then it's NOT cool or dry. It doesn't mean the cabinet above the sink, either. This article explains a bit about medicine storage.

If you are on some specific medications like insulin, they actually need to be kept in the refrigerator until opened. So, check with your friendly neighborhood pharmacist about this. And read all those colorful labels they put on the bottles and jars. They go to school for a long time to learn all that stuff.

No comments: