My son, Tall Guy, found this web site. We read the list to each other and have had some of the best laughs we had in a long time. If you have time, you should visit both of these lists.
This list is referred to at the bottom of skippy’s web site:
Both are lists of things that a military person is no longer supposed to do. A few from skippyslist include:
87. If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.
88. Must not refer to 1st Sgt as “Mom”.
89. Must not refer to the Commander as “Dad”.
90. Inflatable sheep do *not* need to be displayed during a room inspection.
91. I am not authorized to initiate Jihad.
92. When asked to give a few words at a military ceremony “Romper Bomper Stomper Boo” is probably not appropriate.
A few from the second list include:
- Semper gumby (always flexible) is not the proper response to officers giving me orders to undo what they told me to do in the first place
- I am not authorized to tip government vehicles on their sides during training to create a road block
- Humvees are not authorized to go on beer runs, especially not to a drive thru
If you would like to add things you are no longer allowed to do in your hospital, office or clinic, this could be interesting.