WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Techno – Dinosaur – 8 – Hacked!

I started out today doing just fine.  I got the kids off to school, got to the office, cranked up the ol’ laptop, and went to do my morning stuff.  My e-mail inbox was EMPTY!!!!  I’m one of those folks that keeps a lot of stuff in there that I should run off or save to disk.  You all know who you are.

Actually, it wasn’t completely empty.  There was a failed notice to someone whose e-mail changed a while ago and I never deleted it.  There was also an e-mail from myself stating that I was stuck in London without money – you’ve heard it.  “…I’m freaking out…”

Now I am freaking out.  It got sent to my other e-mail account and evidently all my contacts.  If you get one, ignore it.  Just e-mail me back your correct e-mail. 

I reported to Yahoo.  I changed my password.  I Facebooked.  I Tweeted.  Computer Geek will be sooooo proud of me. 

There are all kinds of little red and green lines under stuff in the word processor as I type this.  I don’t care.  I’m blazing mad at the computer right now.  I’m also really glad that we don’t keep our patient information from electronic medical records “in the cloud”.  I knew there were reasons not to trust the internet. 


No comments: