WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Differential Diagnosis – Mom of Toddlers


When my children were little, one of my favorite parts of the day was right after I came home from wherever I had been.  The three little guys would drop whatever they were doing (unless they were eating) and come running.  It was “climb on Mom time”.  Literally.  

As they got bigger, I learned to sit down on the floor as soon as I could so we could have our “group hug” / “pile on Mom” without me getting hurt.  I still would end up with bruises from feet and hands grabbing.  I considered them badges of honor.  We would roll around and hug and tickle.  I got to hear the laughter and excitement of my little guys. 

I also spent lots of time getting my glasses adjusted from getting them grabbed or knocked off.  I stopped wearing jewelry for quite some time because it was so fascinating to little hands. 

Now you know how to tell those Moms of toddlers – no jewelry, bruises in funny places, often a short haircut or hair pulled up, dark circles under the eyes, a little disorganized, speaking in “small words”, correcting your grammar, and always talking about their kids. 

It’s a phase.  I wouldn’t have traded it for anything in the world. 


No comments: