WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

“Out of Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Mom”

Mr. Impatient has learned to make his lunch for school.  This morning he hollered up the steps:

“Out of Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Mom.”

“What?”
“Out of Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, Mom.”

“Do we still have bread?”

“Yup.”

“Do we still have jelly?”

“Yup.”

“Are we out of Peanut Butter?”

“Yes, Mom!”

“I’ll be right down to show you where the extra jar is.”

I also showed him how to scrape the jar and get another couple of days out of it.  And we put PB on the list for our next shopping day.

This is almost word for word the conversation we had this morning.  I’m not exactly positive, because I hadn’t had coffee yet. 

Autistic minds are just a little different.

For Mr. Impatient:

No comments: