WELCOME!

These are the thoughts of a cantankerous ol' gynecologist who remembers when things were a little different. I try to find a little humor in my life and the people I meet along the way. Come meet the characters in my world.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finding the Silver Lining Inside the Cloud

This time of year is time for many of us to do taxes.  It is not my favorite thing to do.  Fortunately, I am somewhat obsessive about keeping track regularly on my computer of expenditures. 

I print out the year from my check book and cash expenditures.  Check.

I print out the year from my office receipts.  Check.

I start looking for all the other paperwork.  Not so check.

This is where I have to depend on other people.  The members of my family who swear that they have given me whatever paper it is that I am currently looking for (the spousal division).  Or look at me with that blank stare that tells me that they have no idea what I am talking about (the high school division). 

I spent 4 days last week looking for a 1099 that my husband swore he had given me.  I cleaned the entire surface of my desk.  That’s the silver lining.  I didn’t find it.  I asked him to look for it at home.  He found it in less than 5 minutes.

Yes, he is still alive.  No, you may not inquire about my blood pressure. 


No comments: